Lost Bonds

Q. Following the announcement what happens if an Ontario Savings Bond becomes lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed?

If an OSB becomes lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed, the Registrar will, at the request of the Bondholder, issue a replacement bond. In order for a lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed OSB to be replaced, the following is required:

  1. evidence, satisfactory to the Province and Registrar, that such a Bond was lost; stolen, mutilated or destroyed; and
  2. a Bond of indemnity, issued by a Surety company satisfactory to the Province and Registrar, in such form as the Province may require. There is an administrative fee charged by the Surety company which is borne by the registered holder.

If the bond has matured, payment by cheque will be issued to you instead of a replacement bond.

Q. How do I have my bonds replaced?

If your bond(s) have been lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed, please notify the Registrar in writing at:

Computershare Trust Company of Canada
100 University Avenue
8th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 2Y1
Attn: Bondholder Services

You will need to provide the name(s) appearing on the bond(s), the series and par value(s) or the certificate number(s), the address on file, and the letter must be signed by the registered holder(s).

The Registrar will forward the pertinent information to have the bond(s) replaced upon receipt of the written notification.